Hollywood, CA (March 26, 2019) – EASTWEST is proud to announce the release of VOICES OF OPERA, a brand-new virtual instrument featuring the sensational vocals of soprano LARISA MARTINEZ (Andrea Bocelli) and tenor CARLTON MOE (Phantom of the Opera).
EastWest Voices of Opera Trailer:
VOICES OF OPERA is perfect for any composer looking to add a pristine operatic sound and fits in perfectly with EastWest's recent slate of award-winning vocal products HOLLYWOOD CHOIRS, VOICES OF THE EMPIRE, and VOICES OF SOUL.
From the most awarded producers in the sounds industry, Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix, VOICES OF OPERA is now available for purchase or as a free addition for subscribers of ComposerCloud, the #1 subscription service for musicians that has revolutionized the virtual instrument industry.
Larisa Martinez has established a strong and unique presence in the classical performance world. She’s currently performing with opera titan Andrea Bocelli as his principal soprano on his world tour. She is a winner of the Metropolitan Opera National Council Audition PR district 2016, where she also received the Angel Ramos Foundation Award and Audience Prize. She earned raved reviews as Musetta in Loft Opera’s critically acclaimed production of La Bohéme and for her other leading roles in Verdi’s Rigoletto, Gounod’s Roméo et Juliette, Rossini’s Adina, Floyd’s Susannah, and Donizetti’s Don Pasqualeand Lucia di Lammermoor.
Heralded by the New York Times as an “ardent tenor,” Carlton Moe is currently performing as Ubaldo Piangi in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Phantom of the Opera, the longest running show on Broadway. His opera credits include Lakmé(Gerald), I Capuletti e I Montecchi (Tebaldo), The Mother of Us All (John Adams), Ernest Bloch's Macbeth (Malcolm), and Roméo et Juliette (Tybalt). He has also performed as a soloist in major works such as Verdi’s Requiem, Beethoven’s 9th Symphony, Mozart’s Requiem, and Handel’s Messiah.
Pristine Recording Techniques
The same pristine recording techniques that make all of our products sound so rich and detailed went into the recording of Voices of Opera. Choose and create your own mix from multiple mic positions including Front, Rear, and Room. The Front mic is a Telefunken 251, a famous vocal mic that captures incredible warmth and detail. For the duet phrases, a Neumann U67 was added to fully capture the sound of both singers. The Rear includes a pair of vintage Cole 4038s that add more depth and space. The Room mix includes a Decca tree made up of Neumann M50s and a pair of AKG C12 outriggers, replicating the mic set-up of a classical stage. These are all rare vintage tube mics. All recordings were made at EastWest Studios, our world famous recording studios known for producing more Grammy nominations than any other studio in the world, 121 in the last 7 years.
VOICES OF OPERA is a 40 GB collection of 229 multi-sampled vocal instruments across various categories, including:
- Sustain: 10 vocal instruments for both Soprano and Tenor consisting of single syllable vowels - Ah, Ee, Eh, Oh, Oo
- Staccato: 32 vocal instruments with a variety of short, single syllables. For Soprano: Bra, Cher, Ci, Don, Fa, Goh, Joh, Ki, Kom, Lu, Na, Oo, Prey, Ra, Te, Toh, Voh. For Tenor: Bra, Cher, Ci, Don, Fa, Goh, Joh, Ki, Kon, Lu, Na, Oo, Prey, Te, Toh, Voh.
- Legato: 4 vocal instruments that playback true legato intervals up to an octave in either direction when playing in a legato fashion (connected notes) and a sustain sample layer when playing in a non-legato fashion (separation between notes). For both Soprano and Tenor, there is Ah Legato and Oh Legato.
- Combo: 8 vocal instruments that combine multiple articulations into a single instrument and use either the Mod Wheel or Round Robin programming techniques to determine how each play back. These include Sustain MOD, Legato MOD, and Staccato Combo RR.
- Words: 42 vocal instruments with performances of specific Italian words mapped chromatically across the keyboard. For both Soprano and Tenor, these include: Addio, Amore, Bravissimo, Cara, Caro, Cielo, Dolore, Donna, Ella, Fiore, Fortuna, Forza, Gloria, Insieme, Mai, Morte, Nobilta, Potere, Sacro, Signore, Vincero.
- Phrases: 36 full phrases and 84 sub-phrases from popular opera arias from the works of Verdi, Puccini, Mozart, Rossini, Bizet and more. There are 43 phrases and sub-phrases for Soprano, 40 phrases and sub-phrases for Tenor, and 37 Duet phrases and sub-phrases. Phrases were recorded in multiple keys. Sub-phrases, which are separate parts that make up a full phrase, can be switched using the Mod Wheel.
- Keyswitch: 9 instruments that combine multiple articulations into a single instrument and uses keyswitches to activate the desired articulation.
VOICES OF OPERA is a must-have collection to add some vocal magic to any project or add a unique texture to any style of music.
Price & Availability
For the first two weeks, it will be available for purchase at a special introductory price of $199 at soundsonline.com. VOICES OF OPERA is also available as a free addition for all subscribers of ComposerCloud.
EastWest Sounds (www.soundsonline.com) has been dedicated to perpetual innovation and uncompromising quality of Sample Libraries and Virtual Instruments for more than 30 years, setting the industry standard as the most critically acclaimed sound developer. Find more about EastWest at soundsonline.com.