Scottsdale, Arizona—Gretsch® is excited to introduce several new limited edition models including a pair of Streamliner models with the G2420T-P90 Limited Edition Streamliner™ Hollow Body P90 with Bigsby® and the G2655TG-P90 Limited Edition Streamliner™ Center Block Jr. P90 with Bigsby® and Gold Hardware, as well as the G6136T-59 Limited Edition ’59 Falcon™ with Bigsby®, G6134T Limited Edition Penguin™ with Bigsby®, G5655TG Limited Edition Electromatic® Center Block Jr. Single-Cut with Bigsby® and Gold Hardware and G5021E Limited Edition Rancher™ Penguin™ Parlor.
Gretsch has also added new colors to its core lineup with the G5420T Electromatic® Hollow Body Single Cut with Bigsby® in Candy Apple Red and the G6659TG Players Edition Broadkaster® Jr. Center Block Single-Cut with String-Thru Bigsby® and Gold Hardware in Vintage White.
The G2420T-P90 Limited Edition Streamliner™ Hollow Body P90 with Bigsby® adds a sonic twist by combining the Broad’Tron™ bridge pickup with a P90 neck pickup. The single-coil P90 Dog Ear neck pickup spawns a vibrant, fat tone while the Broad’Tron neck pickup offers a throaty humbucker bite.
A fast-playing 12”-radius rosewood fingerboard with elegant pearloid block inlays and 22 medium jumbo frets sits atop the bound nato neck with a thin “U”- shaped profile.
The Bigsby-licensed B60 vibrato tailpiece adds shimmer and expression, while the Adjusto-Matic™ bridge with secured rosewood base and synthetic bone nut grant amazing tuning stability.
The G2420T-P90 combines all the classic vintage style to expect from Gretsch —a gorgeous Midnight Wine Satin finish, vintage-style black control knobs, F Holes, elegant body binding, slick-looking nickel hardware, arched laminated maple construction and a three-ply black/white/black pickguard with the Gretsch logo.
Offered in a stunning Riviera Blue Satin finish, the G2655TG-P90 Limited Edition Streamliner™ Center Block Jr. P90 with Bigsby® and Gold Hardware is designed for three simple things—high gain-friendly performance, slick, easy playability, and spectacular style.
The secret to the Streamliner’s sound is threefold—the Broad’Tron™ neck pickup, the P90 bridge pickup and the spruce center block. The single-coil P90 Soap Bar bridge pickup spawns a brighter and more transparent tone than a traditional humbucker, yet still has that throaty thick midrange for a unique tone.
A lightweight spruce center block runs the length of the body, reinforcing the top while eliminating undesired feedback for volume-friendly performance on modern stages.
- A sophisticated rendition of the original, the G6136T-59 Limited Edition ’59 Falcon™ with Bigsby® combines period-accurate features and appointments from the golden age of electric guitars.
- A pair of TV Jones® Ray Butts Ful-Fidelity pickups generates powerful tone and unparalleled dynamics. A highly resonant laminated maple top with 1959-style trestle bracing and laminated maple back and sides make this instrument a veritable cannon.
- The string-thru Bigsby® B6CP vibrato tailpiece adds expressive shimmer, while the pinned rocking bar bridge and Graph Tech® TUSQ™ XL nut combine for impeccable tuning stability.
- Satisfying eyes and ears with its golden tones and gleaming looks, this rare Lake Placid Blue guitar comes alive in the player’s hands, singing with its distinctive voice at every strum.
- The G6134T Limited Edition Penguin™ with Bigsby® takes Gretsch’s rarest bird and decks it out in a flaxen Casino Gold finish, complemented by a matching headstock, glittering silver sparkle binding with white/black/ white/black purfling and chrome hardware, including a banjo arm rest.
- The chambered mahogany single-cutaway body magnifies harmonic richness by letting air resonate between the maple top and body for livelier, more articulate tone. Dual TV Jones® TV Classic pickups deliver pure Gretsch power, with Squeezebox paper-in-oil capacitors under the hood for even smoother vintage tone.
- The G6134 also includes a no-load tone control for smoother tonal taper while unleashing full-throttle Filter’Tron™ power, and a Bigsby B3C vibrato tailpiece.
- Painstakingly crafted with essential Gretsch sound, style and playability, the G5655TG Limited Edition Electromatic® Center Block Jr. Single-Cut with Bigsby® and Gold Hardware is designed for that pure and powerful Gretsch sound at high volume.
- Offering excellent playability, the 12”-radius laurel fingerboard hosts 22 medium jumbo frets and Neo-Classic™ thumbnail inlays. Its dual Black Top Filter’Tron™ humbucking pickups deliver bold, dynamic and articulate tone with enhanced sonic punch.
- Delivering fearless and electrifying Gretsch authenticity, this limited edition offering also boasts stage-stealing style with its Snow Crest White finish and gleaming gold hardware, including the Bigsby B70 vibrato tailpiece, anchored Adjusto-Matic™ bridge and G-arrow knobs.
- Available in a majestic Casino Gold finish with chrome hardware, the G5021E Limited Edition Rancher™ Penguin™ Parlor delivers classic Penguin style and appointments in a richly resonant parlor-size acoustic guitar.
- The Fishman® Presys III pickup/preamp system provides a modern sonic complement to classic touches with a solid spruce top with maple back and sides, silver sparkle neck and body binding, Neo-Classic™ thumbnail fingerboard inlays, a silver plexi pickguard, “vertical wing” Gretsch® headstock logo, and more.
- Available in a new and classic Vintage White finish with tortoise pickguard and gold hardware, the G6659TG Players Edition Broadkaster® Jr. Center Block with String-Thru Bigsby® packs two new U.S.-made Full’Tron™ pickups delivering full-spectrum sonic range with a growl unlike any other pickup, in addition to classic Gretsch chime, balance and brilliance.
- Crafted for full-spectrum sound at high volume, the G6659TG also features a slightly smaller single-cutaway body for greater comfort, tonal focus and feedback resistance and a chambered spruce center block that enhances body resonance for more organic tone and comfortably lighter weight.
- Alive and resonant, the G5420T Electromatic® Hollow Body Single Cut with Bigsby® has fully hollow build with a true Filter’Tron™ voice that explodes with huge punch and clear, strong presence.
- Now available in a new luscious Candy Apple Red finish with chrome hardware, the G5420T features premium dual Black Top Filter’Tron humbucking pickups, versatile upgraded controls including master volume treble bleed circuit, oversized bound “F” holes and aged multi-ply body binding, smaller late-’50s G6120 bound headstock, Graph Tech® NuBone™ nut, pearloid Neo-Classic™ thumbnail fingerboard inlays and a Bigsby B60 vibrato tailpiece.