Paris, 2018/12/13: Blue Cat Audio ( http://www.bluecataudio.com ) has released an update for "Blue Cat's Freeware Pack", a bundle of 7 free plug-ins, and launched year-end promotions.
The new version of the free plug-ins bundle now includes the "Free Amp" plug-in that was available separately. The user interfaces of the 6 other plug-ins have been refreshed with the new Blue Cat Audio design, and they are now fully zoomable. The spectrum analyzer now performs most of the computation in the background, freeing up resources for other audio processing tasks. This update includes many other improvements and fixes detailed below.
All these plug-ins (Blue Cat's Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, FreqAnalyst, Gain Suite, Triple EQ and Free Amp) are still 100% free and do not require any registration, dongle, or mailing list subscription. They are available for download separately or as part of the Freeware Pack bundle on www.bluecataudio.com.
At this occasion, Blue Cat Audio launches end of year promotions, with up to 40% off plug-ins and applications until the end of December. Existing customers are granted an extra 10% discount during the year-end promotions period, with a coupon received by email.
What's New in Blue Cat's Free Amp 1.11:
- Improved convolution performance for the impulse response loader on multicore processors.
- Now included in the Free Pack bundle.
What's New in all other plug-ins:
- Refreshed GUI design, with improved usability and improved touchscreen support.
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- Added Retina displays support on Mac (text and graphs using high resolution).
- Last loaded preset is now remembered in session and displayed in the presets menu.
- Plug-in state can now be reverted to the last loaded preset.
- New installer on Mac.
- Fixed minor compatibility issues with Mac OS High Sierra and Mojave.
- Dropped support for Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.6 and earlier.
- Dropped support for legacy DirectX plug-in format.
- Fully compatible with previous versions of the plug-in (except for VST3 format on Mac, as explained in this blog post: https://www.bluecataudio.com/Blog/tip-of-the-day/vst3-plugin-id-changes-on-mac/).
Additional changes for Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst 2.3:
-Fixed: audio did not pass thru the plug-in in some VST3 hosts.
-Spectrum analysis is now performed in the background and does not affect audio performance.
- Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- PC running Windows Vista or newer.