HOLLYWOOD, CALIF. (January 14, 2020)— Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) today celebrates the release of the newest model in the American Acoustasonic® Series and an all-new lineup of electric-inspired ukuleles at Winter NAMM 2020 in Anaheim, Calif. The addition includes the cutting-edge, American-made Acoustasonic Stratocaster.
Building off of the highly successful Acoustasonic Telecaster® released at Winter NAMM 2019, the American Acoustasonic Stratocaster features all-new tone woods and voices with even more electric possibilities. Along with three unique electric voices on the selector switch, the Acoustasonic Stratocaster also adds all-new acoustic options, including short scale and concert body with a slotted headstock.
“We are proud to continue expanding our most sonically innovative platform with the American Acoustasonic Stratocaster,” said Billy Martinez, Fender VP Category Manager, Acoustic Division. “Following in the footsteps of what Fender accomplished over 70 years ago, it was a natural and authentic progression for us to start with the Telecaster model and then offer a Stratocaster counterpart with its own unique voices. We can’t wait to see what musicians, both Strat enthusiasts and acoustic fans, will achieve in their creative process with this new range of voices the Acoustasonic Stratocaster unlocks.”
Designed with a fully-hollow body and Fender’s patented Stringed Instrument Resonance System (SIRS), the American Acoustasonic Stratocaster offers a new sonic experience that is naturally loud and resonant both on and off stage. This hybrid guitar features an Acoustasonic Noiseless™ magnetic pickup that delivers a unique set of Stratocaster-inspired voicings and hum-free Fender electric tone, that can be played solo or blended with an acoustic voice to create new sounds. The Fender and Fishman-designed Acoustic Engine powers the Acoustasonic Stratocaster and provides a new body style and tone wood combinations that enable musicians to curate an all-new collection of acoustic and electric voices. This contemporary guitar also features a mahogany Stratocaster neck with an ebony fingerboard and thin line body that makes it both comfortable and easy to play.
“We’ve removed all the obstacles associated with playing an acoustic guitar, giving players those same sounds with an electric neck and comfortable thin line acoustic body – all in a familiar Strat body shape,” Martinez added. “At the same time, this guitar still gives you all the tonal options you would get in a Dreadnought, concert or auditorium acoustic guitar.”
The American Acoustasonic Series: Stratocaster vs Telecaster:
Some key highlights of the new Acoustasonic Stratocaster include:
- Acoustic Body: The hollow Stratocaster-inspired body is naturally loud and resonant with plenty of projection, meaning the guitar sounds as great on your lap as it does live on stage.
- Acoustic Engine: The Fender and Fishman-designed Acoustic Engine powers the Acoustasonic Stratocaster and delivers a newly curated collection of acoustic and electric voices.
- Fender Acoustasonic Noiseless Magnetic Pickup: Designed for authentic hum-free Fender electric tone, this pickup can be played solo or blended with an acoustic voice to create new sounds.
- Mahogany Stratocaster Neck: The mahogany Stratocaster neck with ebony fingerboard offers a familiar playing feel and adds warmth to the guitar’s tone.
- Fender Firsts: The patented Stringed Instrument Resonance System (SIRS), inlaid top and modern electronics were created expressly for this instrument.
The American Acoustasonic Stratocaster will be priced at $1,999.99, and is available in 5 finishes: Dakota Red, Black, 3 Color Sunburst, Natural and Transparent Sonic Blue (seen left to right below).
For additional information on new Fender products and to find a retail partner near you, visit www.fender.com. Join the conversation on social media by following @Fender.