15 exquisite virtual cabinets (including cabinets as used by Tony Iommi and Killswitch Engage) empowers the guitar community with legendary tone in Two notes’ proprietary DynIR format for Torpedo devices and Torpedo Wall of Sound Software.
Saint Gély-du-Fesc - France - November 4th, 2021 - Two notes Audio Engineering, the world leading innovator and manufacturer of load boxes, attenuators, digital load boxes and digital cabinet emulators, announces a partnership with legendary British amplifier manufacturer, Laney, to craft 15 exclusive DynIR virtual cabinets. This virtual cabinet collection perfectly replicates the incredible tone and response of the most sought-after Laney cabinets, available as single DynIR purchases or collectively in the ‘Laney Collection’.
Since 1967 Laney have gained a reputation as providers of incredible response and formidable tone, cementing themselves with a rich history of British amplifier manufacturers. Designed by musicians, for musicians, the name Laney has become synonymous with power, quality and crushing clarity of gain. A proud family business to this day, with an artist roster including Tony Iommi, Lari Basilio, Tom Quayle, Eva Peroni and many more, Laney’s tone is as prolific as their reputation for excellence.
The Laney Collection
Exquisitely captured at HopePole studio, Manchester, UK, the all new Laney DynIR virtual cabinets are a must-have for any tone chaser, offering an uncompromising capture of some of the industry’s most revered guitar and bass cabinets. Cabinets included in this release:
10 Guitar Cabinets:
- Laney Cub112: Open back H/H® speakers 1 x 12” Woofer H1265
- Laney Cub212: Open back H/H® speakers 2 x 12” Woofer H1265
- Laney GS212IE: Closed back H/H® speakers 2 x 12” Woofer H1280
- Laney GS412IA: Closed back H/H® speakers 4 x 12” Woofer H1280
- Laney L20T-212: Open back Celestion® G12H70th Anniversary + Celestion® Vintage 30
- Laney LT212: (Killswitch Engage owned cab and used extensively in the studio and on tour) Closed back Celestion® G12H 70th Anniversary speakers
- Laney LA212: Closed back Celestion® G12M-25 Greenback speakers
- Laney LA412: Closed back Celestion® G12H 75 speakers
- Laney TI412S: Closed back Celestion® G12H 75 M (90’s Tony Iommi owned cab and used
extensively in the studio and on tour)
- Laney Original LA412: (Late 69/70’s cab as used by Tony Iommi to record the early Black Sabbath releases) - Closed back 4 x Green label Goodmans®
- Laney DBV212: H/H® Speakers Black Series
- Laney DBV212: Miked on Tweeter
- Laney DBV410: H/H® Speakers Black Series
- Laney DBV410: Miked on Tweeter
- Laney DBV 810: H/H® Speakers Black SeriesAll 15 cabinets have been meticulously captured with a selection of industry standard microphones including the Shure SM57®, Sennheiser® MD421, Royer® R121, AKG® C414, Neuman® KM184, Aston® Origin, AKG® D112, Shure® SM7b, Beyerdynamic® M160, Shure® SM7b, AKG® D112 and Shure® Beta 52A. The entire DynIR collection was captured through BBC® AM7/13 preamps via an Audient® ASP880.As we're sure you will agree, there's some genuine must-have guitar history included in this release!
The all-new Laney Collection of DynIR virtual cabinets are compatible with all DynIR-enabled Torpedo hardware (including Captor X, C.A.B. M+ and digital legacy products), 3rd party Torpedo embedded devices and the Torpedo Wall of Sound v4 audio plug-in (Mac/PC).
For more information on Two notes’ groundbreaking product roster and DynIR technology, please visit www.two-notes.com/