SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • March 14, 2017 — Universal Audio is pleased to announce the release of UAD Software v9.1, featuring the new UA-developed SSL® 4000 E Channel Strip and Moog® Multimode Filter Collections.
Introduced in 1979, the SSL 4000 E console brought a modern sound to the world, powering more platinum-selling records than any other. Its bold, punchy character and incredible dynamics has made the SSL 4000 a true industry standard and a bastion of modern recording.
In close partnership with Solid State Logic®, Universal Audio proudly unveils the all-new SSL 4000 E Channel Strip Collection for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces — an exacting end-to-end circuit emulation that goes far beyond UA’s original standard-defining SSL 4000 E Channel Strip plug-in.
UA’s team of engineers dug deep into the SSL 4000 E hardware, faithfully modeling the original preamp’s Jensen input transformers and dbx "gold-can" VCA output section. By capturing the preamp’s signature nonlinear amp behaviors, the new SSL 4000 E Channel Strip Collection offers all of the expansive, punchy, deep, assertive character of the original hardware.
Owners of UA’s acclaimed Apollo audio interfaces can track in real time with SSL’s vintage analog channel, like having the original hardware. The SSL 4000 E Channel Strip Collection plug-in also supports Universal Audio’s Unison™ technology, giving Apollo users the SSL 4000 E’s all-important impedance, gain staging, and circuit behaviors that have contributed to making it a legendary hit-making console.
*$149 upgrade price from legacy SSL E Series Channel Strip plug-in.
SSL 4000 E Channel Strip Legacy Plug-In Key Features:
- An authentic end-to-end circuit emulation of SSL’s iconic analog channel strip exclusively for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces
- Includes Jensen transformer and Input amplifier modeling and other nonlinear circuit behaviors
- Exacting nonlinear circuit emulation of both Type E “black” and “brown” knob channel EQ and filters
- Flexible VCA Compressor range, from transparent to “in your face” aggression
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of the SSL 4000 E’s preamp including precise impedance matching
- DSP-lite SSL E Series Channel Strip Legacy plug-in included
Moog analog filters have long reigned supreme as the most musical audio filtering circuits ever devised. With its incredibly rich sounds and built in sequencing capabilities, the new Moog Multimode Filter Collection for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces represents a major advancement for electronic music producers and sound designers.
Built for modern sequencer-based song production, the new Moog Multimode Filter XL plug-in — a one year effort between Moog Music and UA — borrows from various incarnations of Moog designs, nailing the essential Moog filter character unlike any software emulation in history.
Along with numerous filter enhancements and an expanded Envelope control, the Moog Multimode Filter XL plug-in features an intuitive, full-featured, four-lane 16-step sequencer, giving electronic and dance producers unlimited creative potential, from melodic and polyrhythmic pattern programing to random chaos and cacophony.
The Moog Multimode Filter Collection also includes the Moog Multimode Filter Legacy Plug-In and its DSP-lite SE version.
*$99 upgrade price from Moog Multimode Filter Legacy plug-in.
Moog Multimode Filter Collection Key Features:
- Improved nonlinear filter design including 1-4 pole Slope operation and 20 Hz to 20 kHz Cutoff Frequency
- Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass, and Notch filtering with self oscillation, saturation, and zero artifacts
- Expanded Envelope Attack/Release control, audio rate LFO, and expanded Destination options
- Dual LFOs with independent Rate and Waveform selections plus independent Tempo Sync/Tap Tempo
- Full-featured, 16-step Sequencer with four assignable lanes with Sequence Length, Amount, Glide, plus global Sync and Swing
- Original Moog Multimode Filter Legacy and DSP-lite “SE” version included
- Recording/Live Sound
- Recording/Live Sound Feature Stories
- Recording & Live Sound Reviews
- Audio Interfaces, Mixers, Mic Preamps, Channel Strips, Hardware Processor Reviews
- DAWs, Audio Processing & DSP Hardware Reviews
- Recording/Live Sound Plug-in Reviews
- Microphone, Monitor & Headphone Reviews
- Recording/Live Sound Effects Processing Reviews
- Recording/Live Sound Accessory Reviews
- Recording/Live Sound CDs, DVDs & Book Reviews
- Recording/Live Sound Tutorials
- Recording/Live Sound News
- Bands & Musicians
- Music Biz