SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • January 25th, 2018 — Universal Audio, a leading manufacturer of professional audio recording hardware and software, is proud to announce that OX Amp Top Box is now shipping worldwide.
OX is a premium reactive load box and guitar recording system, giving guitarists perfectly studio-miked amp sounds from their existing tube amp. OX lets users play and record tube amps in their ideal sweet spots — from the edge-of-breakup to fully cranked — with perfect dynamics at any volume level, and with stunning mic, room, and speaker cabinet emulations at the turn of a knob.
Featuring Universal Audio’s breakthrough Dynamic Room Modeling and Dynamic Speaker Modeling, OX is the first amp recording system to accurately emulate speaker breakup and cone cry — an essential ingredient to organic tube amp tones — generating additional harmonics and sonic complexity when the amp is cranked.
Using OX Amp Top Box, guitarists can quickly audition a range of expert cabinet/mic/room combinations — and may find that they never need to mic their tube amp again.
The OX Amp Top Box also features a sleek software app for control over all of OX’s parameters via its built-in Wi-Fi, letting guitarists audition, tweak, and store hundreds of cabinet/mic/room presets. Together with a great-sounding tube amp, OX quickly delivers the tastiest album-quality guitar tones of all time.
OX Amp Top Box is now shipping with an estimated street price of $1,299.
OX Amp Top Box — Key Features:
- Premium, no-compromise analog reactive load box and guitar recording system for tube guitar amps
- Instant album-quality mic and speaker cabinet tones via front-panel “RIG” control
- No amp miking experience needed — get record-ready sounds quickly with expertly-placed mics
- Five finely-tuned guitar amp attenuation levels — from off to whisper quiet to full band volume
- UA Dynamic Speaker Modeling emulates speaker breakup and cone cry
- World-class Universal Audio EQ, compression, delay, and reverb effects built-in
- Selectable 4, 8, and 16-ohm operation
- Front-panel Headphone out for silent practice with cranked tones
- Balanced TRS line outs, and S/PDIF digital outputs for stereo recording
- Pair with OX mobile or desktop app over Wi-Fi for editing and saving presets