Cumberland, RI USA (February 5, 2019) — Hot off the heels of Force’s public debut at NAMM 2019, Akai Professional, a leading manufacturer of music equipment for performers and producers, today announced the release of a 3.0.1 update that introduces a number of new features and workflow refinements to this ground-breaking live performance and music production device.
Force arms musicians, DJs and producers with all essential functionality for the modern clipbased workflow including clip launching, step sequencing, sampling, synths and a 7-inch multi-touch display. Force is designed for the user who wants a standalone product with the latest in modern workflow techniques, free from being connected to the computer. Building on Force’s already-impressive capabilities, the 3.0.1 update introduces a highly innovative Launch/Note mode – now users can simultaneously harness the creative power of Force’s Note mode while launching clips on a split, single pad layout. Also included in 3.0.1 is the inclusion of the Mother Ducker and Mother Ducker input effects plugins - recently added to the MPC platform in version 2.4, this pair of processors allows users to create side-chain effects effortlessly via inserts within Force’s mixer window.
3.0.1 also includes a number of workflow refinements including:
- Updated recording preferences allowing users to use fixed length clip recoding
- Improved auditioning of sample and loops within Force’s browser – now, files with
embedded tempo information will audition in sync with Force’s master BPM
- Drum program enhancements –users can mute or solo pads in a drum program
using Force’s hardware control surface
- Force can now load FLAC and OGG files
- The AIR dynamics plugins Compressor, Channel Strip, Maximizer, Transient and
Noise Gate now have metering to clearly indicate the input/output levels and the
amount of gain reduction applied.
- Standalone - no computer required
- 8x8 clip launch matrix with RGB LEDs
- 7” color capacitive multitouch display
- Mic/Instrument/Line inputs, 4 outputs
- MIDI In/Out/Thru via 1/8” TRS inputs (5-pin DIN adapters included)
- (4) configurable CV/Gate outputs to integrate your modular setup
- (8) touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays
- Time stretch/pitch shift in real time
- Comprehensive set of AIR effects and Hype, TubeSynth, Bassline and Electric synth
- Ability to record 8 stereo tracks
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
- 2GB of RAM
- Full-Size SD card slot
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SATA or HDD)
- (2) USB 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
“At launch, Force immediately garnered unprecedented critical acclaim as a standalone
device that offers all conveniences the modern clip-based workflow demands without the
need for a computer,” said Dan Gill, Akai Professional Product Manager. “3.0.1 signals our
commitment to continually refine the platform, offering new devices and workflow
enhancements that cement Force as the undisputed standalone creative powerhouse and
an immersive natural extension of user’s creativity.”
3.0.1 will be available as a free update early February 2019.
For further information on 3.0.1, visit akaipro.com/force.
Force will be available internationally in February 2019.
U.S. retail will be $1499.00.
For more information, visit akaipro.com