Particular care was taken to create an amplifier in the traditional studio style, with generous VU meters, high quality Japanese components and a serious toroidal transformer linear power supply. The CLA-400 implements a classic bipolar transistor design for robust bottom end.
The CLA-400: 800 watts of reference grade power
In a standard 3U rack mount chassis, this amplifier can generate over 360 watts per channel into an 8 ohm load, making it perfect for medium to large speakers in a studio environment. The CLA-400 not only uses no-compromise components, but is also convection cooled – no fan noise, so it can be used in the same room as the monitors.
- Class A/B power amps that feature classic analog sound
- A perfect companion for passive speakers old or new
- Great compliment to an existing hi-fi system as well
- No onboard DSP to artificially color the sound
- Analog signal path that most accurately represents the original signal source.
- Large VU Meters for visual monitoring
- No onboard fans to add to ambient room noise
- 3 modes of operation; stereo, bridge or parallel
SUGGESTED STREET PRICE: $1,199