“The design aim was for high speed, smooth playability on the neck, and a deep, rich Music Man tone from the pickups, all on an old-school passive bass,” Joe continues. “I think we nailed it, and I think I’ll be playing it on stage for years to come.” The Dart II features a premium ash body, select maple neck, and passive split-coil pickups at the heart of its warm, punchy tonality. Dual volume controls are standard, but there are no tone controls to color the sound; therefore, the tone is manipulated solely by the user's technique and finesse. Finished in Natural Velvet, it comes with 22 frets and a custom artist series neckplate and is tuned to E standard with custom gauge .045 - .105" Ernie Ball stainless steel round wound bass strings.
The first 100 Joe Dart II basses will ship with a limited edition premium G&G case, numbered neckplate, and a signed certificate of authenticity.
- Select Ash body / Natural Velvet finish
- Custom made Music Man "60's" style single-coil pickups with Alnico 5 magnets
- EBMM proprietary split-coil design pickups for quiet, hum-free operation.
- Dual volume controls (one for each pickup)
- Oil and wax finished maple neck
- Custom Joe Dart artist series neck plate
The Joe Dart II is available for purchase exclusively from the Ernie Ball Music Man Vault.
More information: https://www.music-man.com/instruments/basses/joe-dart-ii