Circuit: the perfect companion to hardware
Circuit is a great electronic musical instrument based on two Novation Nova synth engines, four drum parts and a six-track, 16-step sequencer.
But it also sends and receives standard MIDI data, so other MIDI-compatible devices can be connected, other drum machines or grooveboxes synchronised with, or synths triggered, for example.
Circuits are able to be synced by using mini-jack cables to easily daisy–chain them together.
Novation has made connecting with other devices easy.
The breakout cables supplied are used to convert the two mini-jack sockets to the industry-standard five-pin DIN sockets.
No switching is required to allow Circuit to be slaved to a source of external MIDI clock. If a valid clock signal is detected, it will automatically be selected as the clock source.
A MIDI thru box might be required to connect a number of instruments to Circuit. See more below.
- Recording/Live Sound
- Recording/Live Sound Feature Stories
- Recording & Live Sound Reviews
- Audio Interfaces, Mixers, Mic Preamps, Channel Strips, Hardware Processor Reviews
- DAWs, Audio Processing & DSP Hardware Reviews
- Recording/Live Sound Plug-in Reviews
- Microphone, Monitor & Headphone Reviews
- Recording/Live Sound Effects Processing Reviews
- Recording/Live Sound Accessory Reviews
- Recording/Live Sound CDs, DVDs & Book Reviews
- Recording/Live Sound Tutorials
- Recording/Live Sound News
- Bands & Musicians
- Music Biz