CLEVELAND – To celebrate the 33rd Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, City of Cleveland, Inductees, partners, fan clubs, members and local organizations are helping the Rock Hall amplify its mission to engage, teach and inspire through the power of rock and roll with events around town, beginning March 24.
- The Opening of an all-new Hall of Fame, an entire floor celebrating Inductees and featuring the 2018 Inductee Exhibit
- Dozens of local restaurants and music venues hosting Induction-themed events and specials
- A family-friendly day of programming, presented by PNC, at the Cleveland Public Library Main Branch
- Celebration Day Powered by PNC with free admission, live music, activities, food trucks, and a Rock ‘N Blast fireworks show
- A Hall of Fame Series with 2018 Inductees The Moody Blues, and one with 2017 Inductee Bill Bruford of YES
- Film screenings, including Bad Reputation, a new documentary that follows 2015 Inductee Joan Jett’s life story, and Days of Future Passed Live featuring The Moody Blues
- Cleveland Connects panel discussion with 1995 Inductee Martha Reeves
- Live stream of Red Carpet arrivals on rockhall.com and the Rock Hall’s Facebook and YouTube pages
- Simulcast party
- Induction Afterparty with DJ Questlove
- Author Series with Gayle Wald
- Live music and performances at the Rock Hall and throughout the City
- Added Stories of Rock trivia contests, Inductee and album spotlights, education programs, films and more to enhance your Museum visit
- Special Museum hours on Thursday, April 12 (10 a.m. to 9 p.m.) and Friday, April 13 (8 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST)
- Rock Boxes broadcasting music spotlighting the 2018 Inductees (hourly, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.). Download the 2018 Rock Hall Inductee playlist on Spotify.
- The star-studded Induction Ceremony, and more!
Visit rockhall.com for a complete list of events and more details. Join in the conversation on social using #RockHall2018 and tag @RockHall.
- SATURDAY MARCH 24: ROCK x CPL POWERED BY PNC
12-4 p.m. EST, Cleveland Public Library Main Branch, FREE
The Rock Hall is partnering with the Cleveland Public Library for a family-friendly day of programming, presented by PNC, at the Library’s Main Branch. The day will include live music, educational activities, and food trucks. Performers include the Brent Kirby Trio, Marcus Alan Ward, Hey Mavis, and the Chris Allen Trio. The Rock Hall will display a history of Northeast Ohio music exhibit, and guests are invited to bring memorabilia, chat with an archivist, and even donate.
- TUESDAY, APRIL 3: CLEVELAND CONNECTS: ROCK ON A ROLL
7 p.m. EST, Rock Hall Foster Theater, FREE with RSVP at eventbrite.com
As Rock Week excitement begins to build, a community conversation will examine the inception of the Rock Hall, its impact on the city of Cleveland and its future direction. Panel moderated by Ideastream’s Rick Jackson featuring guests Martha Reeves, 1995 Inductee, Greg Harris, president and CEO of the Rock Hall, Dennis Barrie, principal of Barrie Projects and former executive director of the Rock Hall from 1993-1996, and David Abbot, executive director of The George Gund Foundation. Presented by PNC, Cleveland.com, Ideastream and the Rock Hall.
- FRIDAY, APRIL 6: CLEVELAND INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL: BAD REPUTATION FILM SCREENING
7:30 p.m. EST, Rock Hall’s Foster Theater, tickets on sale Friday, March 23 at 11 a.m. at clevelandfilm.org
Bad Reputation, a new documentary that follows Joan Jett’s life story, will be screening during the Cleveland International Film Festival. The documentary covers Jett’s early days with the all-female rock band The Runaways, to her partnership with her longtime manager and collaborator Kenny Laguna, to her enduring success fronting The Blackhearts.
- SATURDAY, APRIL 7: CELEBRATION DAY POWERED BY PNC
10 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST (Fireworks at 9 p.m.), Rock Hall, FREE
A community celebration with free admission and filled with live music, family activities, new exhibits, educational programs, a Bon Jovi album listening, food trucks, and film screenings. Fans will be the first to see the new Hall of Fame and get a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to become an Inductee, sit front row for 33 years of Induction performances in the Power of Rock Experience and hear stories about this year’s class in the 2018 Inductee exhibit with an entire floor dedicated to Inductees. The updates are a part of a multi-year, multimillion dollar transformation of the visitor experience at the Museum. Daytime performances include fusion, Maddie Finn (The Whiskey Hollow), the Backbeats, Diana Chittester, a Nina Simone tribute by Mariama Whyte, Thor Platter, Samfox, School of Rock, and 2018 Tri-C Rock Off champion Montage. Evening festivities begin at 7 p.m. with a performance by Wesley Bright & Honeytones. The day will conclude with a dance party on the plaza featuring DJ Red-I and a Rock ‘N Blast Firework Show (9 p.m.) to an Inductee-themed playlist. The fireworks show can be viewed from the Rock Hall plaza and various locations around town. A live audio simulcast of the fireworks show can be heard on 106.5 The Lake. Sponsored by Greater Cleveland Partnership, Downtown Cleveland Alliance and Medical Mutual.
- MONDAY, APRIL 9 - SATURDAY, APRIL 14: STORIES OF ROCK, INDUCTEE SPOTLIGHTS & ALBUM SPOTLIGHTS
Daily schedules posted on rockhall.com, Rock Hall, FREE with admission
Stories of Rock trivia contests tests fans knowledge about rock and roll. Prizes will be awarded to winners. Visitors can also participate in Inductee Spotlights and Album Spotlights. Sessions last 45-60 minutes and are designed to explore the lives and music of the 2018 Inductees. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11: AUTHOR SERIES WITH GAYLE WALD
7 p.m., Rock Hall’s Foster Theater, FREE with RSVP at ticketing.rockhall.com
The Rock Hall’s Author Series will spotlight Gayle Wald as she discusses her book Shout, Sister, Shout!: The Untold Story of Rock-and-Roll Trailblazer Sister Rosetta Tharpe during an interview with Senior Director of Library and Archives, Andy Leach. The event will conclude with a Q&A session and book signing. Wald’s book will be available for purchase in the Rock Hall store.
- THURSDAY, APRIL 12: FILM SCREENING: DAYS OF FUTURE PASSED LIVE
On loop all day, Foster Theater, FREE with Rock Hall admission
Days of Future Passed Live features The Moody Blues performing their groundbreaking 1967 studio album Days of Future Passed in its entirety as part of PBS' popular concert series “Great Performances.” The special was filmed during a 2017 summer tour stop on July 7 in Toronto at Sony Centre. The screenings are free with Museum admission and seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The film is presented by Eagle Rock Entertainment.
- THURSDAY, APRIL 12: HALL OF FAME SERIES WITH THE MOODY BLUES
SPECIAL ROCK HALL HOURS: 10 A.M. to 9 P.M.
8 p.m., Rock Hall’s Klipsch Audio Main Stage, FREE with Rock Hall admission (limited capacity)
Join the Rock Hall and SiriusXM for a Hall of Fame Series with 2018 Inductees The Moody Blues. Justin Hayward, John Lodge, and Graeme Edge of The Moody Blues will discuss their Induction, careers, and influence. The event begins at 7 p.m. with a Moody Blues-themed happy hour featuring food and drink specials. The event will be live streamed on the Rock Hall’s Facebook page. Please note: this event is limited capacity standing room only and space is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- FRIDAY, APRIL 13: SPECIAL ROCK HALL HOURS: 8 A.M. to 4 P.M.
8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Rock Hall, ticketing.rockhall.com
Enjoy an early open at the Rock Hall. Check out new exhibits, including the all new Hall of Fame featuring the 2018 Inductee exhibit.
- SATURDAY, APRIL 14: RED CARPET LIVE STREAM
5:30-7:30 p.m., rockhall.com, Rock Hall Facebook or YouTube page, FREE
Get a sneak peek at all the action with red carpet arrivals on rockhall.com, the Rock Hall’s Facebook page, or on the Rock Hall’s YouTube page.
- SATURDAY, APRIL 14: 33rd ANNUAL ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME INDUCTION CEREMONY, PRESENTED BY KLIPSCH AUDIO
7:30 p.m., Public Auditorium, SOLD-OUT
The sold-out ceremony will honor Bon Jovi, The Cars, Dire Straits, The Moody Blues, Nina Simone, and Sister Rosetta Tharpe. The Ceremony will air on HBO at a later date.
- SATURDAY, APRIL 14: SIMULCAST PARTY
7:30 p.m. (Doors at 6:30 p.m.), Rock Hall, SOLD-OUT
The only place outside of Public Auditorium to watch the 2018 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony live, uncut and uncensored on the night of the show. Sponsored by Fat Head’s Brewery, Great Lakes Brewing Company, Magic Hat Brewing Company, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Pepsi, Medical Mutual and Downtown Cleveland Alliance.
- SATURDAY, APRIL 14: INDUCTION AFTERPARTY WITH DJ QUESTLOVE
11 p.m. (Doors), House of Blues, Tickets On Sale to Public Friday, March 16 at 10 a.m. at ticketmaster.com
Rock and roll all night at the Induction Afterparty after the 33rd Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. DJ Questlove will be hosting a 3-hour afterparty set.
- WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18: HALL OF FAME SERIES WITH BILL BRUFORD OF YES
7 p.m., Rock Hall’s Foster Theater, Tickets are $10 and on sale Thursday, March 22 at 10 a.m. EST via ticketing.rockhall.com, Member on-sale begins Tuesday, March 20 at 10 a.m.
2017 Rock Hall Inductee Bill Bruford of YES will discuss his career with fans during a Hall of Fame Series moderated by the Rock Hall’s Vice President of Education and Visitor Engagement Jason Hanley. The discussion includes a Q&A with the audience. There is an 8 ticket limit per transaction.
The return of the ceremony to Cleveland would not be possible without generous support from sponsors and supporters, including PNC Bank, Destination Cleveland, City of Cleveland, the State of Ohio, The George Gund Foundation, Medical Mutual of Ohio, Greater Cleveland Partnership, Downtown Cleveland Alliance and many other generous supporters.
About the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
Rock Connects Us. Our mission is clear: To engage, teach and inspire through the power of rock and roll. We share stories of the people, events and songs that shape our world through exhibits, innovative programs and concerts. Join the millions who love it as much as you do. Experience us live or online – Visit rockhall.com or Facebook, Twitter (@rockhall) and Instagram (@rockhall). Long Live Rock!