November 13, 2018 — Little Ferry, NJ — Eventide is proud to release HotSawz, a new pitch-tracking, monophonic synth engine for their H9 Harmonizer® effects pedals. Hotsawz is the 50th Algorithm for the H9 platform.
With six stackable sawtooth oscillators, three modulation sources, and four assignable destinations, HotSawz allows you to create a wide palette of sounds that run the gamut from classic synthwave to a pulsing panorama of bouncing blips, brassy swells, and sub-bass swagger.
The modulation sources include LFO, Envelope Follower, and ADS Gate, while the four assignable destinations are comprised of Filter Cutoff, Volume, Pitch and Oscillator Depth. Each modulation source can be assigned to any of these destinations at a given time. Thus, multiple sources can manipulate the same destination. In fact, there are 64 combinations of source to destination assignments, providing a vast landscape for serious experimentation. For example, scope your favorite sci-fi thriller sounds from Blade Runner to Stranger Things, and create 8-bit video game blips, screaming 70s saw leads and undulating bass odysseys on individual tracks video games and movie scores.
Too spicy? Dial it back with the global Mix function and maintain some of your original tone. Not spicy enough? Transpose the oscillators up and/or down by one octave for that thick, analog synth sound. Create your own recipe for sonic satisfaction by sprinkling on a bit of HotSawz to excite your auditory taste buds!
- Classic subtractive synthesis using sawtooth waves.
- Six oscillators that follow a mono pitch tracker.
- Three modulation sources: LFO, Envelope Follower and ADS Gate.
- Four Assignable destinations: Filter Cutoff, Volume, Pitch and Oscillator Depth. Each modulation source can be assigned to any destination at a given time, thus multiple sources can manipulate the same destination.
- 64 combinations of source to destination assignments.
- Comes with 30+ presets including some by Eventide artists
Customers can demo HotSawz by downloading the latest version of the H9 Control app for iPhone, iPad, Mac, PC and Android devices. HotSawz is priced at $19.99 for H9 and H9 Core owners and is free for H9 Max owners.
- Product page: https://www.eventideaudio.com/hotsawz
- Demo video: https://youtu.be/5FlcU9AvQmA
- Download the H9 Control App from the App Store: www.appstore.com/h9control
- Download the H9 Control App for Android from the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eventide.h9
- Download the H9 Control for Mac & PC: https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/product/1151/installers
For over 40 years Eventide has remained at the forefront of recording technology. In 1975 they revolutionized the audio industry by creating the world’s first commercially available digital audio effects unit. Since then their legendary studio processors, stompboxes and plug-ins have been heard on countless hit records.
Eventide and Harmonizer are registered trademarks of Eventide Inc. © 2018 Eventide Inc.