INTRODUCING THE WA-84 SMALL DIAPHRAGM CONDENSER MICROPHONE
SINGLE - $ 399 USD | 449 € INC VAT
STEREO PAIR - $ 749 USD | 849 € INC VAT
The WA-84 is a cardioid, vintage-style, small diaphragm condenser microphone based on classic microphone circuit topology. The WA-84 sports a fully discrete signal path, a CineMag USA transformer, Fairchild transistors and Wima capacitors. The WA-84 is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications and sounds great on a variety of instruments and sources, such as; acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass & woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.
The WA-84 has a very LARGE sound for it’s small size and uniquely uses a heavy Nickel CineMag signal transformer in it’s signal path to warm up and ENLARGE sound sources. Small diaphragm condenser microphones have widely moved to transformer-less technology in recent years for ease and lower-cost manufacturing. When designing the WA-84, however, we chose to go the extra mile and take the classic route by tackling a more boutique design known for it’s it’s crystal clear, yet smooth, LARGE sound.
We are proud to offer something special to the market-place by using large core transformer technology (CineMag USA) in a small diaphragm condenser microphone package. The result is a circuit that we feels sounds absolutely gorgeous and goes the extra mile in terms of signal integrity and smooth boutique tone.
The WA-84 is offered in both nickel and black colors and in single and stereo pair quantities.
• Utilizes a CineMag USA Transformer
• Directional Pattern: Cardioid
• Fully Discrete Vintage-style Signal Path
• Vintage Capsule Reproduction
• Package Includes: Microphone, Cardioid Capsule, Shock-mount, Mic Clip,
Windscreen and Carrying Case
• 48V Phantom powered
• Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
• Sensitivity: -39dB or 11mV/Pa @ 1kHz
• Output Impedance: 200Ω
• Rated Load Impedance: ≥1kΩ
• Pad: 0db or -10db
• Maximum SPL: 123/133dB @ 1kHz, 0.5% THD, 0/-10dB
• S/N Ratio: 78dBA (IEC651)
• Equivalent Noise: 16dBA (IEC651)
• Dynamic Range: 107dBA (IEC651)
• Connector: 3-Pin Gold-Plated XLR
• Weight: 122g each
• Finish: Black & Nickel
ACT NOW! PRE-ORDER YOURS TODAY!