Anaheim, CA, January 28, 2019 ––The seventh annual She Rocks Awards rocked the House of Blues Anaheim on January 25, 2019. Hosted by the Women’s International Music Network (the WiMN), the gala celebration featured a star-studded array of honorees that include Terri Nunn of Berlin, Lisa Loeb and Nita Strauss, as well many other women from all corners of the music and audio industry.
The evening included a special performance by GRAMMY-nominated saxophone player Mindi Abair, and song premieres by The Voice alum Gigi Rich and vocalist Aiza as they showcased songs from the upcoming original girl empowerment album, Girl, the Album.
Other highlights included guitarist Nita Strauss performing Queen’s “The Show Must Go On,” and Lisa Loeb performing her #1 song “Stay,” which was featured on the Reality Bites soundtrack, with the young and dynamic Command Sisters. Terri Nunn, celebrating Berlin’s 40th Anniversary this year, performed her ‘80s breakthrough smash hit “Metro,” accompanied by Berlin keyboardist, Dave Schulz and the She Rocks House Band, Rock Sugahled by Divinity Roxx. Laura Clapp performed the Macy Gray GRAMMY-Award winning hit, “I Try,” and Erika Ender performed her own version of the #1 hit she co-wrote, “Despacito.”
In addition, a Hall of Fame award was introduced this year by honoring Janis Joplin. Following an inspiring speech by Joplin’s sister, Laura Joplin, a medley of the late singer’s hits, “Me and Bobby McGee,” “Piece of My Heart,” and “Raise Your Hand” were performed by Orianthi, Vanessa Amorosi, Judith Hill, Emily Armstrong, Sarah Command, Mindi Abair and Rock Sugah, making for an electrifying finale.
The full list of 2019 honorees includes:
- Terri Nunn, lead singer of the iconic electro-pop band, BERLIN
- Macy Gray, GRAMMY Award-winning singer, songwriter, producer and actress
- Lisa Loeb, Platinum-selling, GRAMMY Award-winning singer songwriter, touring artist and author
- Nita Strauss, acclaimed solo artist and guitarist for Alice Cooper
- Erika Ender, award-winning and chart topping composer, singer, co-writer of the hit “Despacito”
- Dana DuFine, VP Global Content and development AEG Facilities
- Dale Krevens, vice president of Tech 21
- Lynette Sage, art director of Reverb
- Samantha Pink, director of business operations at JAM industries USA
- Terri Winston, executive director, Women’s Audio Mission
- Janet Bill Rich, Manage This Media
- Bonnie Gallanter, co-producer of the She Rocks Awards and owner of Muse Artist Management
Co-hosting the event were Lyndsey Parker and Christine Devine, with an opening performance by London/Belfast-based alternative rock-pop duo REWS.
“We were so honored to bring everyone together once again for an uplifting and communal event that celebrates the accomplishments of so many awesome women in the music and audio industry,” said the WiMN founder, Laura B. Whitmore. “The evening was made even more special by all the roof-raising performances that got our audience up out of their seats!”
Find out more about the event and the organization at thewimn.com.
The 2019 She Rocks Awards was sponsored by EAW, Sweetwater, PRS Guitars, Marshall Amplification, Seymour Duncan, Gretsch, Sennheiser, Martin Guitar, Reverb, Roland, Rat Sound Systems, D’Angelico Guitars, Zildjian, Fishman, PreSonus, Berklee Online, Gator Cases, Sabian, M.A.C Cosmetics, Paul Mitchell, Cuccio, Monster Energy, Hippeas, The Music People, 108 Rock Star Guitars, Tech 21, Soundgirls, Future publications, Guitar World, Guitar Player, Bass Player, Electronic Musician, Guitar Girl Magazine, Musicradar, KVR Audio, and more.