Paris, France 2020/03/05: Blue Cat Audio has released Blue Cat's AcouFiend, a new acoustic feedback simulation plug-in that can make electric guitars scream, growl, or sing, even at low volume or through headphones.
AcouFiend can simulate the acoustic feedback (a.k.a. "Larsen effect") well known to guitarists playing loud and close to their speaker, but with total control over the effect: you can choose when and how to trigger the feedback, on sustained notes or chords, with advanced harmonization capabilities.
The plug-in can be controlled via MIDI or automation, and feedback can be applied to existing tracks after recording. It is of course not limited to guitars, as shown in one of the demo videos (links below).
The new plug-in is available separately, or as part of the Axe Pack guitar software bundle. A special introduction offer applies to both AcouFiend and the Axe Pack bundle until March 31st (details below), and existing customers will receive a special offer by email.
Blue Cat's AcouFiend Main Features:
- Acoustic feedback simulator.
- Total control over the feedback: adjust the rise and fall time, the sensitivity to pitch and amplitude changes, and the generated harmonic.
- Supports chords.
- Limit the range of notes that can produce feedback.
- Transpose the feedback signal to create harmonies.
- No latency.
- Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- PC running Windows Vista or newer.
Introduction Pricing until March 31st:
- Blue Cat's AcouFiend: 59 USD/EUR (instead of 79)
- Blue Cat's Axe Pack: 249 USD/EUR (instead of 299)