For over forty years, Malcolm Young’s riffs have inspired generations of rock and metal guitarists. Today, Gretsch honors the late AC/DC co-founder, guitarist, and songwriter with an all-new signature guitar: the G6131G-MY-RB Limited Edition Malcolm Young “Red Beast” Signature Jet.
Malcolm and Gretsch have a storied relationship and this new Signature Jet pays tribute to Malcolm’s famous 1963 Gretsch Jet Firebird 6131, aka “The Beast”. Designed in consultation with Malcolm’s nephew, Stevie Young, this Signature Jet reflects the earliest iteration of Malcolm’s famed guitar used in early AC/DC performances and music videos, including “It’s a Long Way to The Top,” before eventually making his own mods and stripping the top.
- 2”-deep double-cutaway chambered mahogany body with maple top
- TV Jones® Ray Butts Ful-Fidelity bridge, TV Jones® Starwood humbucker middle and TV Jones® Ray Butts Ful-Fidelity neck pickups
- Individual pickup volume controls, master volume, three-position pickup toggle switch, three-position tone switch and three-position standby switch
- Harmonica-style Adjusto-MaticTMbridge with pinned ebony base
- Available in an aged Vintage Firebird Red finish with black pickguard and aged gold hardware
G6131G-MY-RB Limited Edition Malcolm Young Signature JetTM, Ebony Fingerboard ($2,799.99 USD, £3,179.00 GBP, €3,699.00 EUR, $5,699.00 AUD, ¥638,000 JPY) Malcolm Young’s fiery rock ‘n’ roll spirit lives on through AC/DC’s enduringly timeless music. It is Gretsch’s great privilege to pay tribute to the groundbreaking rhythm guitarist with the all-new G6131G-MY-RB Limited Edition Malcolm Young Signature JetTM. Nicknamed “The Beast,” Young used this Firebird Red iteration of the guitar in early AC/DC performances and music videos including “It’s a Long Way to The Top,” before eventually making his own mods and stripping the top. To recreate Young’s earliest days with the instrument, the G6131G-MY-RB signature model comes equipped with TV Jones® Ray Butts Ful- Fidelity Filter’TronTM bridge and neck pickups that replicate the unmistakable vintage Gretsch voicing, along with an added TV Jones Starwood humbucker in the middle for clear and punchy tone. Available in Vintage Firebird Red.
For more information, visit gretschguitars.com