LITTLE FERRY, NJ, USA: following hot on the mobile music-making heels of Rotary Mod for iOS released earlier this month, Eventide is proud to release MangledVerb for iOS — its unique effect combining a rich reverb and devastating distortion that is capable of creating everything from granular ambience and moody auras to sound-sculpting mangled chaos — as an AUv3 plug-in and Standalone app as of October 31…
Thanks to the timely introduction of MangledVerb for iOS, iPhone- and iPad-based mobile music-makers are able to transform instruments and vocals with this classic Eventide effect wherever and whenever their creative muse might take them. After all, guitarists have used it for years, and now anyone, anywhere can have it — in the palm of their hand, even — for freedom of mobile music creation.
Creatively, MangledVerbTM starts with a variable pre-delay which feeds a stereo reverb into a complex distortion effect. Sonically it can range from the light friction of a bow scraping a cello string to the mayhem of a caged beast being poked with a red-hot flounder!
Like all the H9 Signature Series plug-ins preceding it, MangledVerb — and MangledVerb for iOS, especially — excels in live situations. The ‘Ribbon’ is an innovative control which lets users program two settings for any combination of the controls and seamlessly transition between them. The programmable HOTSWITCH allows anyone to instantly jump to an alternate setting at the push of a button. This combination of controls are as close as possible to the experience of tweaking real hardware.
MangledVerb Factory Presets Demo Video:
- Create out-of-this-world soundscapes by turning up SIZE and SOFTCLIP.
- Smoothly morph from soft-clipping to hard-ripping overdrive.
- Use the WOBBLE control to create spookiness.
- Use the ‘Ribbon’ control to easily manipulate multiple parameters in a live situation.
- Program the HOTSWITCH to instantly change multiple parameters at once.
- Flexible I/O: Mono-In/Mono-Out, Mono-In/Stereo-Out, or Stereo-In/Stereo-Out.
- Optimized for live use with MIDI control of the ‘Ribbon’ and TAP tempo for quick meta-control on the fly.
- MIX lock control to scroll through the Factory Presets while keeping the wet-dry MIX constant.
- Compatible as an Audio Units AUv3 plug-in, Inter-App Audio, and Standalone app for iPhone and iPad.
MangledVerb for iOS is now available for download as an Audio Units AUv3 plug-in, Inter-App Audio, and Standalone app for iPhone and iPad from the App Store for $14.99 USD here: https://etide.io/MangledVerbiOS
For more in-depth info, please visit the dedicated MangledVerb webpage here: https://etide.io/MangledVerb
Watch more of Eventide’s enlightening MangledVerb videos here: https://etide.io/mangledverbvideos
About Eventide (www.eventideaudio.com)
For over 48 years, Eventide has remained at the forefront of recording and music technology. In 1975, they revolutionized the audio industry by creating the world’s first commercially available digital audio effects unit. Since then, their legacy continues to reign with legendary studio processors, stompboxes, and plug-ins that have been used on countless hit records, and continue to be used by millions of musicians in studios worldwide.
Eventide is a registered trademark of Eventide Inc. iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.