All-Inclusive Caribbean Concert Vacation Set for January 17-20, 2019 in Riviera Maya, Mexico
On Sale Wednesday, August 22, at 1:00 p.m. ET
Dead & Company announces the second annual Playing in the Sand, an all-inclusive Caribbean concert vacation in partnership with CID Presents. The event – January 17-20, 2019 - featuring three nights of Dead & Company - Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, John Mayer, and Bob Weir, with Oteil Burbridge and Jeff Chimenti - playing on an intimate, white sandy beach in Mexico, just feet away from the Caribbean Sea.
In addition to Dead & Company’s three concerts on the beach, Playing in the Sand offers guests an assortment of curated amenities such as all-inclusive food and drink, premium resort accommodations, shuttle service to and from Cancun International Airport, official Dead & Company Riviera Maya Merchandise, and 24-hour concierge service. There will also be a slew of on-site activities including yoga, tequila tasting, bowling and surfing, as well as a plethora of off-site adventures that allow guests to explore Mexico’s amazing natural treasures and sacred ancient history.
Guests have a choice of nine hand-picked tropical resorts including the host property, The Barceló Maya & Barceló Palace, as well as Secrets Akumal, Dreams Tulum, The Hard Rock Hotel, Unico, Rosewood Mayakoba, Banyan Tree Mayakoba, and Fairmont Mayakoba Properties.
As the host resort, The Barceló Maya acts as the epicenter of the event giving guests the privilege of strolling alongside the oceanside path leading directly from their room to the main stage performances each night.
● For guests looking to enjoy the finer side of things while remaining close to the action, The Barcelo Palace offers fabulous Junior Suites right near some of the best beaches and pools of the Riviera Maya. Palace guests will find marvelous rooms inspired by the local colonial style where every corner has its own unique and exclusive personality.
● Secrets Akumal is conveniently located in the heart of the Riviera Maya along the famed white-sand beaches and calm, clear waters of Akumal, fusing elegant and original design with nature’s elements. This stunning resort offers a charming, picturesque escape complete with an exceptional luxury experience. *Please note: Secrets Akumal packages are for 18+ guests only.
● Situated near the world-renowned restaurants and shops of Tulum, Dreams Tulum provides guests unlimited top-shelf spirits and spectacular oceanfront views. Guests can lounge by one of two refreshing pools or relax on the sugar white sands of the gorgeous, secluded beach.
● The Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya is less than 10 minutes away from the concert venue and is a hip, music-themed option with conveniently-located bars and swank rooms. Surrounded by concert memorabilia, guests will feel like a rock star at this resort.
● Set on a stunning white beach, UNICO 20°87° immerses guests in the rich culture of Riviera Maya and incorporates many natural or handmade materials sourced within the region. Three unique pools, a holistic spa, and wellness center drive home a sense of relaxed luxury while all of the hotel accommodations feature a personalized local concierge available 24 hours a day. *Please note: Unico packages are for 18+ guests only.
For guests who seek the ultimate in comfort and luxury the nearby Mayakoba resort development, featuring three unique hotel properties (Rosewood, Banyan Tree, and Fairmont Resorts), offer the perfect secluded oasis. Each property follows the contours of the existing geography to enhance, not replace, the natural environment in a triumph of conservation resulting in a private world of rare luxury and refined beauty.
Dead & Company is inviting fans who attended the inaugural Playing in the Sand to an exclusive alumni-only presale beginning Monday, August 20th @ 1 PM ET. Fans who are interested in attending for the first time are invited to sign up to receive early access via a form on www.playinginthesand.com. Signing up via these links will grant them the ability to purchase their all-inclusive package starting Tuesday, August 21st at 1:00 PM ET, 24 hours before the public on sale which will take place Wednesday, August 22nd, at 1:00 PM ET. Guests can secure packages utilizing a payment plan which divides the package price into four equal payments, the first being due at the time of purchase followed by three equal monthly payments of the remaining balance September – November.
For complete details, including information on payment plans and future announcements visit www.playinginthesand.com.
The band’s 2018 Summer Tour is ranked #12 on Pollstar’s 2018 Mid-Year Top 100 North American Tours chart. During the tour, 117 songs were performed, including six songs Dead & Company had never before played: “Alabama Getaway,” “It Hurts Me Too,” “It's All Over Now,” “Jack-A-Roe,” “Mr. Charlie” and “The Eleven.” Additionally, Dead & Company helped raise more than $1.1 million by performing at a private fundraiser in the Hollywood Hills, to benefit Oceana’s mission of protecting and preserving the world’s oceans. Two final 2018 Summer Tour dates remain – August 25 & August 26 in Arrington, Virginia when they headline the LOCKN’ Festival.
About Dead & Company
Grateful Dead members Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann and Bob Weir joined forces with singer/guitarist John Mayer to form the band Dead & Company, along with Allman Brothers’ bassist Oteil Burbridge and Fare Thee Well and RatDog keyboardist Jeff Chimenti. Their critically acclaimed performances draw from the Dead’s historic catalog of songs. To date, there have been more than 110 Dead & Company concerts, including multiple-night stands at Citi Field in New York; Wrigley Field in Chicago, where a concert attendance record was set for the iconic ballpark; Fenway Park in Boston; Folsom Field in Boulder; Shoreline Amphitheater in San Francisco; and the famous Alpine Valley Music Theatre in East Troy. The band headlined Bonnaroo in 2016 and have performed in markets in which the Grateful Dead had not performed for more than 20 years.
About CID Presents
CID Presents is the boutique, end-to-end event production branch of CID Entertainment. CID Presents designs, produces and operates world-class music destination events for super fans. The company maintains expansive entertainment industry ties and holds expertise in luxury guest services, hospitality, concert production and promotion. CID Presents seamlessly integrates concert and travel logistics into unparalleled music experiences. CID's team of experts are passionate music fans who share in a vision of producing exclusive and intimate experiences where everyone is a VIP and no detail is overlooked. www.cidpresents.com