Knoxville, TN, May 16, 2022 — Waves Audio, the world’s leading developer of professional audio signal processing technologies and plugins, is now shipping the Waves Nx Virtual Studio Collection. This plugin bundle gives users virtual access to the acoustics and monitoring systems of world-famous mixing rooms, on any pair of stereo headphones – so you can mix with confidence, wherever you are.
From L.A. to New York to Nashville, the Waves Nx Virtual Studio Collection brings together precision acoustic models of multiple world-class studios. Put on your favorite headphones, and enter Ocean Way Nashville, Chris Lord-Alge’s Mix LA, Germano Studios New York (originally The Hit Factory), and the original Waves Nx Virtual Mix Room – so you can perfect your mixes in acoustically superior mixing environments.
Now you can make your best decisions about balance, stereo image and panning, mix depth, low-end response, reverb usage and more. Get reliable perspective as you cross-check your mixes in trustworthy acoustic reference environments, expertly tuned to ensure that your work translates properly to all systems. Each Nx plugin comes complete with several monitoring systems from the original studios, emulating the acoustic response of studio classics including NS10s, high-end Ocean Way and Exigy monitors, and more—for a total of 4 studios and 12 stereo and surround monitoring systems.
Trusted by tens of thousands of producers and mixing engineers, all Nx plugins are powered by Waves’ pioneering Nx technology for immersive spatial audio. Waves Nx uses channel crosstalk, inter-aural delays (ITD), filters (ILD), early reflections, and head motion tracking to replicate the immersive experience of hearing audio in the real world. All these are coupled with precision measurements of the actual studios, to deliver a faithful three-dimensional representation of the original acoustic experiences.
Nx Virtual Studio Collection features:
- Stellar acoustic reference for your mixes – on any headphones
- The acoustics and monitoring systems of world-renowned studios
- 4 studios, 12 monitoring systems
- Includes the Nx Ocean Way Nashville, CLA Nx, Nx Germano Studios New York, and Nx Virtual Mix Room plugins
- Reliable reference for mix depth, balance, panning, reverb, low end
- Powered by Waves Nx immersive audio technology
- Compatible with all headphone models
- Adjustable Studio Ambience control
- Personalized head anatomy calibration
- Stereo and virtual surround components
- Supports head tracking for enhanced realism, via webcam or the Nx Head Tracker (purchased separately)
To learn more, click here.