(26th September, 2019 – Oxnard, CA) Drum Workshop Inc. (DW) has announced the reissue of the original Collector’s Series all-maple shell configuration. Named after the famed California beach town where Drum Workshop was founded, the shells offer yet another versatile sonic option for drummers and pay tribute to DW’s near 50 year drum-making legacy.
Hand-crafted from select plies North American Hard Rock maple at the California Custom Shop, the 6-ply shells utilize slightly thicker 1/32” veneers, and are fitted with 6-ply reinforcement hoops offering a resonant, yet focused tonality.
Drum Designer and Executive Vice President, John Good comments, “Our earliest artists still talk about these drums. Now we can offer them to a new generation. Feels strange to attach the work “vintage” to what we do, but it’s true! Santa Monica shells work for just about any playing situation, it’s a Swiss army knife of a shell”.
Available in any Custom Shop finish and drum hardware color option.
To find out more about the Santa Monica shell visit dwdrums.com or youtube.com/dwdrums
- Recording/Live Sound
- Recording/Live Sound Feature Stories
- Recording & Live Sound Reviews
- Audio Interfaces, Mixers, Mic Preamps, Channel Strips, Hardware Processor Reviews
- DAWs, Audio Processing & DSP Hardware Reviews
- Recording/Live Sound Plug-in Reviews
- Microphone, Monitor & Headphone Reviews
- Recording/Live Sound Effects Processing Reviews
- Recording/Live Sound Accessory Reviews
- Recording/Live Sound CDs, DVDs & Book Reviews
- Recording/Live Sound Tutorials
- Recording/Live Sound News
- Bands & Musicians
- Music Biz